Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Unfortunately....Unfortunitley, bite me.


So, i've been offered the job where my loverly sister dear works and while it's what would be awesome- it's temporary. Full time, pays well, great insurance but temporary. Meaning that it could be 4 months, 6 months, 8 months or maaaaaaybe 10. They didn't really know what to tell me, that means that a month or two before our wedding I could be let go with no job to finish paying for a wedding and no vacation to take a honeymoon and a serious ulcer stomach ache just because that's what would be fitting. She did say that if other jobs came up I could apply for those in different divisions, I just hate the complete openess of it all. I need a guarantee, a plan. I may not even get insurance if they can't get me past 6 months. The good thing is she asked to be told by friday if i'm interested so I have til then to fret and worry and wait and see if I can get on at Seth's work. They are looking for someone to do alot of HR work and office/executive support. They've seen my resume and are interested but are moving at a snails pace and i'm not obviously guarenteed that position either. If given the choice i'd choose to work there, it would make life a bit easier with the transitioning from SAHM to working chick. We could carpool and wouldn't need to buy a second car. We could take Luke to daycare very close by and have found excellent rates and i'd be off by 3:30 which nothing can beat, it also pays a little more then the other job, not much better, but a little and with a wedding coming, 30 cents is 30 cents, yah know. So hopefully they'll pick up the pace and i'll have a job within a week. Now if only the cookie gods could take back 30 pounds and allow my old work clothes to fit. Bastards.

That being said, i've gone to the gym quite faithfully and have gotten the "did you change your hair?" comment which has always in the past meant i've lost some girth in the neck/chins/face area, so that's a little motivation to keep it up. I'm becoming a huge fan of the Bosu Balance Trainer i've been researching excercise moves and making allison do them with me. I keep hoping i'll find a workout class that uses them that we can go to at the gym, but no luck. I do much better whith a workout when i'm forced to.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

You spelled guarantee wrong.
I know, I know, bite you.

You know I love ya.