Saturday, September 15, 2007

August 23, 2008


I'm getting MARRIED! Well, that's not anything new to the people who actually know me and for the seven girls in my bridal party. Hopefully eight if i can talk Seth into adding one more on each side!

I 'met' Seth in middle school. I should let clarify that when i say met, I actually mean stared at him from afar. I was seriously shy and would not under any circumstance talk to him or any other cute guy unless they talked to me first, then I would just turn a lovely and painful shade of purple and whisper back some dorky response.

Of course my friends new him, they would talk to him with me standing there- looking at my shoes. He claims to have known exactly who I was and just thought I was a nice, quiet girl.

So I pretty much NEVER said even one word to him in the six years I went to school with him. But to my friends it was "Sethhhh Bentley, he's so dreamy" corny but yes, I actually used to say that, and well i'll be real, still do. So cut to my brother-in-laws bday at a bar in March of 2004 and me feeling brave after 4 kamikazes (mmmmm kamikazes) and who happens to walk past me looking all handsome. Well I nearly fell over and downed my fifth drink and made a vow to wait there and say hi when he walked back. So what do I say after admiring him and never speaking to him before..."Seth Bentley....give me a HUGGGG" and he did! We danced and traded phone numbers and the rest is history. I've suckered him in, poor guy never had a chance.
Went to a wedding expo today and it was so much fun. We watched the fashion show and were completely surprised. We were expecting typical wedding music and dresses, well we got dancing cowboys and chaps!

uh yeah and that second guy to dance...um like the sun...couldn't look at him too long before his hottness hurt our eyes. At one point coming out and doing pushups after of course throwing his tank top into the crowd for my bestfriend/Bridesmaid Ashley who was yelling "TAKE IT OFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!" and the overly enthusiastic girls behind us.

I got a bunch of ideas and of course have more planning to do. I need a job. asap. Preferably one that will let me work part-time and pay like full-time and pays for daycare or lets me work from home so I can still watch flipping out on my 'break' ya, i'm pretty sure that job doesn't exist.

9 comments:

Allison xoxo said...

aww, I love that picture of you guys. I'm still jealous that you get to have a movie star last name :) Though Martin was a pretty good trade up for Polenske.

Melissa said...

Yum is RIGHT! Them be some HOT ass men!

You are Gorgeous, and that is a GREAT shot of you and Seth. I love the story behind how you "met" finally. =)

I remember Allison telling me about Seth when she was pregnant. Congrats on your Engagement, and I know you will make a Stunning Bride. It must run in your family. :)

Heather said...

Okay so I signed up for an account to comment here this better be worth it lol And um yeah your kid is almost as cute as mine :)

Aaron said...

I think you should have a country wedding I want to wear chaps and a cowboy hat.

It's amazing how things work out sometimes. If I didn't meet allison you may not have run into seth.

Special K said...

So now I can tell you instead of your sister or Mom that Lucas is a living doll! Congratulations on the marriage! If you have Al's help I am sure it will be gorgeous!

Allison xoxo said...

update suckaface

Melissa said...

Where's our update??? =) Have a GREAT weekend!

Aaron said...

Its time to update my sistah.

Allison xoxo said...

things to blog about in no particular order:

1. How awesome your sister is
2. What lucas thinks of karen's house
3. how I threw you down at the puyallup fair
4. how awesome your sister is
5. how you have the amazing non napping baby
6. the joy that is the super nachos at the fair
7. how awesome your sister is
8. pop culture (thoughts on britney etc.)
9. do a meme (like some of the ones posted in bulletins on myspace... questionaires or something.)
10. how awesome your sister is.