Monday, September 24, 2007




So I thought I had a sleeping genious for a baby... I think it was cruel joke from the person who invented swaddling. Obviously he can't be swaddled forever, but man, that child doesn't care so much for having a free arm. We decided to unwrap an arm at a time, and on friday we'll unwrap the other one and hope he'll learn to sleep unwrapped, he woke up at 4 a.m. both days over the weekend and a little after 4 a.m. this morning. I just laid there and listened to him jabber for about a half hour before I finally drug myself out of bed.

We went to the Puyallup fair twice this year, once last weekend Seth, Lucas and I went and it rained the whole damn time. Not so much fun eating bar-b-que sandwiches in a downpoor, down right sucky to be exact. But all in all we had a good time, bought 400 count egyptian cotton sheets any size just 20 bucks! Then we went again just as a girls night and had a really good time. Somehow we planned our night perfectly intime for a bow wow concert... I seriously worry about our boys going to school these days. We wandered around until we were so tired we were just laughing and making a scene being dorky. I 'might have' announced loudly Allison had some bidness to attend to (my sister has to POOP) and then we were all laughing at the look on her face and I couldn't even defend myself when she went all WWE on my ass and took me down! which reminds me of a story when I threw her a bridal shower and we played a game of how well do you know the bride. My mom didn't want to lose and begged me to tell her the answer to "what does allison want to be when she grows up?" well at the time becoming a teacher was the answer but I convinced her it was to become a WWE Diva. Having her read her answer to the crowd was priceless and still makes me laugh to think about it.

Seth's company hosts a picnic every summer for employee's and their family, they do giveaways and contests and games which by the way, he took first in the hoola hoop contest. We went on Saturday before Sethy's partay and had fun. The people he works with are really great, always friendly and welcoming with fun stories from all the guys who were previously military. He is a contractor for a company who maintains and fixes military vehicles on a local military base. I'm just excited for Lucas to get bigger and be able to go play in all the big hummvees and 5 tons he works on. I do believe that'd be some cool stuff to a little boy.



Which brings me to Sethy's party and the wonder that is Karens' house. Why oh why is it that EVERY time Lucas has gone to her house he loses his shit. Crying, screaming, squirming, can't console him at all. EVERY TIME. We found this out the hard way when we dropped him off about a month ago for her to babysit while we went for a jog at the track down the street from them, came back and he was a mess, just cried the whole time. He knows Karen, loves her at our house, loves her at my moms house but man, in her own house. no love. I pretty much spent the whole party in her bedroom trying to calm him down.



Today is the last day I get to watch Seth before he goes to daycare with Nolan. I've had alot of fun getting to watch him, it's nice to get close and have him get attention without having to share it with his brother and while lucas naps it's just me and him. One thing I won't really miss is his infatuation with poking Lucas in the eye, mouth and nose oh and using his soft spot as a boost. Besides that, it's been a fun six months.



well that was a ton of random and now i'm off to work out while the boys are still asleep, this isn't letting me move pictures when I add them to the post otherwise there would be a ton of cute pictures of the kiddos and one of my new hair cut!

1 comment:

Allison xoxo said...

soft spots make the best step stools you know. :)

must see pic of new haircut (when it's clean and done, lol)