Monday, November 5, 2007

ROCKSTAR

It's been a few days since i've posted so true to form, this will probably ramble on for a bit. We've been pretty busy lately and so has Lucas. He's been scooting for a couple of weeks now and I think I finally got some good video of him doing so. He's getting really fast and has been enthralled with Rockstar and water bottles chasing them all over the living room and then sucking on them like bottles when he finally gets them.


We had a busy fun weekend, we celebrated Seths' dads birthday on Saturday. with his brother, niece, and new girlfriend. We had a great time and Lucas got to experience all their animals at an older age where he actually noticed them and seemed kind of confused by what they were. They have a full house of four dogs and a bunch of birds one of which is probably only a little smaller then Lucas.

So in preperation for a week at home during the days with no car, we spent the afternoon in downtown Seattle. We visited the Pike Place Market and the only picture I was able to get was of Seth and Luke by the car and my camera battery died. Oh well, we had a good time and you'll have to just take my word for it. =)

It's fun to get out of the house and walk around and do something we don't do that often. We got lots of compliments on our little guy and he didn't fuss at all.

We watched The Number 23 when we got home and man, just the way they filmed it was hard to watch. Jim Carrey was creepy and the whole thing was just kind of unsettling. I had to stay up just watch something happy to ward off the freaky dreams. It's all in all a good movie, just creepy as hell.

The picture below is of the anniversary present I made for Allison and Aaron. I'm seriously proud of this and want to make one for us of engagement pictures for the guestbook at the wedding. I went to here to my publisher and uploaded their wedding pictures and made a coffee table book out of it. I was very surprised by how it all came out. Thing can easily look pretty cool online but you just never really know the quality you'll end up with. The colors are crisp, there's a ton of different designs, themes, and patterns you can put the pictures into. I googled wedding and love quotes and added them in with the pictures and it's something that will last a lifetime. I'm excited to get ours done and think I might have started a trend with friends all making their own books now. It really was worth it and easy to make. We had a fun Halloween, shockingly. We were not looking forward to it at all. I hate getting up every five minutes to answer the door and see four 15 year olds in nike sweatshirts holding pillowcases and asking for candy. It's not fun for us and i'm slightly surprised we haven't ever been egged. Our friends Eric and Crystalyn and their brood were going to a trunk or treat down the street and we talked Allison and Aaron into going and checking it out. It was such a fun time. Three of the neighborhood churches put it on and pulled about 30 cars into the playground of a nearby school. They decorated the cars and dressed up and I'm glad went. We weren't going to dress Lucas up to just stay home, but I was out for a job interview earlier in the day and stopped by the mall and randomly seen this seriously cute skunk outfit. I wanted to surprise my mom (who was appalled we weren't going to dress him up for halloween) and it all worked out. Here's the gang minus me, Sethy the pumpkin, Luke the skunk and Dash a.k.a Nolan.

I think the bow tie is what really sealed the deal when I bought this. I don't have a picture handy but the costume as fur down the back to and a tail. so stinkin cute.



We all took the boys down to Auburn to a pumpkin patch right before halloween. We are so lucky to have two older boys who get the great clothes, toys, and anything else. Luke get's the best hand-me-downs ever. I love this jacket, it reminds me of a lumber jack or something.

It's going to be a busy week. I plan on hitting the gym hopefully everyday, last week Seth was sick, then I was sick and it just didn't work. I'm feeling better and thankfully Luke didn't catch (or just hasn't yet) what we had. I'm off to get busy.

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Ladiebug said...

That is an awsome book! If I had scene this early enough I would put one together for my sister's birthday of all the pics I have taken of my niece while I watch her....still can do it for Christmas though!